Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Updates

 Some quick updates:

After weeks of trial and error, it appears that not one but two sons are releasing Histamine in times of stress.  Yes, you read that right.  My two youngest sons are allergic to stress.  At first I laughed, but as the days went on, with one son on anti-histamines 24/7 (not going there right now) , his reactions stopped.   The other is at boot camp, so I have no access to him at the moment.

What annoys me is that's as far as the doctor will take it.  TWO sons are doing this.  They started within several months of each other.  They are both in their late teens. That implies it may be genetic or environmental.   Yet the allergist does not seem to want to figure out why they are suddenly swelling up.

In other news, I fell back into my non-healthy ways due to time constraints and - let's be honest - pure laziness.   My immune system became compromised, I began breaking out with excema, reactions left and right, the flu hit and that was that.  The flu was the worst I've had in years and it decided to have more fun by morphing in to bronchitis then going for the gold by dancing with pneumonia   It has been weeks, and I am still coughing albeit only late at night.

My eldest son has started having "digestive issues", but he's a Marine so he says he'll "tough it out".  Yes, my eyes are rolling, thank you for asking.

One dog has been diagnosed with Hypertrophic Arthritis in her spine.  This is one of the, if not the most, painful forms an animal can have.  X-rays show the poor Husky has bone spurs growing in between her vertebrae.  She is on medications, one of which is actually more holistic, that will hopefully slow the progression down.  We saw a marked improvement within a week.   When she gets to the point her quality of life is affected, we will take her in for her final sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment